There are several ways to bind a booklet, and today I’m going to show you a simple way using some string, a needle and hole punch (optional).
You can follow the illustration above or use the step by step pictures below.
- Fold all your pages in half.
- Align the centers of all the papers.
- Mark where you want your holes to be. You will need three.
- Use a small hole punch to cut out the holes for easier threading. I do this if I have a lot of pages and if they are cardstock. If you have a few thin sheets, you can just poke through with a needle and your string.
- Start by threading your string through the middle hole into the center of the book.
- Thread it from the center to the top.
- From the top hole, take it down and through the bottom hole into the center of the book.
- String it from the bottom hole through the center hole to the outside of the book.
- Both ends of the string should be on either side of the string going down the spine.
- Tie your two threads in a square knot around the center string. Then you can tie the two ends in a bow around the book to close it.
I love this simple way of binding and the professional look it gives your projects. If you don’t want to have the remainder string on the outside of your book so that you can use it as a clasp, just flip the sides of the steps and start step one from the inside of the book instead of the outside. Then you can finish with a small knot on the inside of the book and cut off the tail strings.
You can see all the details of the inside of this planner on my post HERE.