We had the funnest Halloween party with our friends. It was a progressive party where we traveled to a new house for each activity. Luckily we are all neighbors, so we didn’t have to travel far.
At my house we had lunch and made some witches’ brew party drinks. I found these awesome skull mugs at Oriental Trading in their clearance section over the summer. I’m glad I snagged them up, because they are no longer available. Total bummer, because these mugs are so cool! This was the inspiration for the whole drink.
I bought these syringes early in October from Walmart not knowing what I was going to do with them. I knew I had to use them some how this season and this was the perfect place for it.
Each child had their own witches’ brew party drink kit set up as their place setting at the table. The kit included all the ingredients they would need. The products were all name brand too, and came from the best witch shop in town, Witchy Works. ;)
Witches’ Brew Drink Kit
- Fresh Blood – Koolaid
- Broken Bones – Candyfetti (Pop Rocks would also be cool for this)
- Eye of Newt – Candy Eyes
- Bits of Brains – Sweet Tart Ropes
- Ghostly Goo – Vanilla Ice Cream
- Skull Juice – Sprite
- Witches’ Brew Labels
- Print and cut out your labels. The labels include more spooky ingredients than I used at the party, so they will fit a variety of candies and other ingredients you want to use.
- Fill your glass half way full of Sprite. I used a ladle to scoop it out of a cauldron in the middle of the table with dry ice. Why is that stuff so cool even when you’re an adult? I loved it as much as the kids.
- Add ingredients one at a time and watch as they fizz and bubble up. Use the straw to stir your magic potion.
- Drink up and enjoy!
The kids loved mixing and adding all their spooky ingredients to make… well, a mess actually, but that’s what parties are all about. Haha! If you want to watch it in action, my little boy made some witches’ brew in this video.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!